Mifram Fortified Container
Regular priceUnit price per
Mifram Security Fortified Container
Fortified Container for Army and Military troops
Fortified container used as a safe room. The container can be buried in the ground or used as an above ground structure.
The fortified container is a unique shelter system available in two configurations in order to provide protection levels relevant to the threat:
- Underground – a wide pit is excavated, the container is placed in the pit (either by crane or towing) and then covered with soil.
- Above ground – The containers walls are covered with soil.
Fortified Army and Military Container
- Burying a fortified container
- Work done Immediately by troops in the field
- Covering with soil - minimum 40 cm
- Dependent on the threat level, ground conditions, equipment limitations and availability, the container can either be buried underground or covered with soil above ground or protected with a protective wall.
- The containers roof is armored with a 2.4 m. x 8 m. steel plate. Provides protection against 120 mm. mortar (and higher as required).
- Strengthening the container roof with fortified steel
- Approved by the IDF Commander Engineering Corps - Fortifications
- PATENT PENDING
Fortified Container Advantages
- Can be used as a modular component in staging areas and/or permanent sites needing extra shelters in an emergency.
- The optimal, low cost solution for staging areas, troop concentrations and temporary forward bases.
- Can accommodate up to 100 soldiers for short periods.
Equipment needed for installation
- The fortified container can be towed into place by an armored vehicle, armored tractor, transported on an 80 ton/meter crane truck or on a truck such as a Rio “Arrow”.
- Fast and simple installation using mechanical equipment.
- Easily dismantled and transported.
- Implementation using troops in the field and their skill sets.
Purchase and Supply
- The first fortified containers were supplied to the IDF during Operation Protective Edge (Mifram supplied 20 units a week).
- Up to 100 units can be supplied in the first month and 200 units and more every additional month.
Mifram Fortified Container Specification Table:
|Dimensions – steel plate|
|Dimensions – 20’ Container|