SVXi Security X-Ray Scanner
Vehicle scanning | Checkpoints and borders | Customs control | Threat detection
The 3D-XRAY SVXi security x-ray scanner designed for rapid deployment in the field and suitable for scanning vehicles up to the size of a small van. Designed to offer the end user maximum flexibility, the SVXi x-ray system is offered in both static and mobile configuration, to provide cost effective solution for security screening of vehicles at a variety of locations.
Designed to meet the needs of security and customs personnel, SVXi produces high resolution images of a vehicle in a single pass. Thorough physical searching of a vehicle can take many hours. The SVXi system allows security personnel a detailed view of the inside of the whole vehicle in a single scan.
The operator is able to control the unit and view the images from a remote laptop imaging station. Sophisticated easy to use software allows the operator to zoom, pan and process the image to be able to make a rapid accurate assessment of any potential risk.
Thorough physical searches of vehicles can take anything up to 8 hours. It can take just as long to rebuild the vehicle. The 3DX-RAY SVXi vehicle scanner system enables security personnel to thoroughly inspect vehicles – even sealed units – in minutes.
Rapidly deployed and suitable for vehicles up to the size of a small van, SVXi produces high quality images with sub-millimetre resolution in a single pass. The entire operation can be controlled from a remote laptop. The easy-to-use, sophisticated software enables images to be zoomed, panned and processed to enable rapid assessment of any potential risk. Deep focus and the ability to highlight specific materials also aids assessment speeds.
The SVXi is mobile and can be mounted on anything from multi-terrain vehicles to low-cost motorised trailers. SVXi can be deployed quickly at key locations to combat smuggling and terrorism or it can be used for spot checks across an entire region. A fixed unit configuration is also available
Designed for maximum flexibility, the SVXi can be mounted on a range of transportation for mobile deployment. Once at its destination it can be set up and operational in 15 minutes.
SVXi can be deployed at key locations across an entire region to combat smuggling. SVXi is also suitable for event and venue security, enabling security personnel to see what is being taken on and off site without the need for intrusive hand searches.
SVXi Security X-Ray Scanner Key Features
- Screens the whole vehicle up to the size of a small van
- Quick to set up, quick to scan
- Real-time sub-millimetre images
- Mobile and static unit options
- Typical set up time: 15 minutes
- Typical scan time: one minute
- Real-time image on laptop screen
- Sub-millimetre image resolution
- Simple to use image processing
- Mobile system for flexible deployment
- Suitable for event and venue security, enabling easy whole-vehicle searches
SVXi Security X-Ray Scanner Typical Deployment Scenario
- Security checkpoints
- Border Control
- High security premises
- Forensic inspection
SVXi Security X-Ray Scanner Technical Specifications
Standard Mobile Configuration
Motorised trailer mounted x-ray imaging unit with laptop imaging station.
The unit is mobile and can be towed by a suitable vehicle.
Fixed x-ray imaging unit with wired or wireless remote imaging and control station.
- Anode voltage 225kV
X-Ray Detector Panel
- Image resolution: 1.0 mm
- Dynamic range: 4096 grey levels
- Image acquisition/scan speed: 45 seconds to 120 seconds
- Gantry area: 2.5m x 2.7m x 5m (width x height x length)
- Wired link 30m
- Mains power: 230Vac@ 50Hz
- On-board generator (option): Petrol
- Operating temperature: 0ºC to +40ºC
- Low temperature pack (option): -40ºC to +40ºC (LT)
- High temperature pack (option): 0ºC to + 55ºC (HT)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 95% non-condensing
- Typical throughput: 45 vehicles per hour (typical 5m long vehicle)
- Set up time: Typically 15 minutes
- Scan time: Typically under 1 minute
- Report and control: Wired or wireless with remote imaging and control station
- Type: Laptop
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M 2.3GHz
- Hard drive: 500GB Display Laptop, 17.3inch, High Definition LED
- Display: (1600 x 900) with anti-glare.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64 BIT)
- Power: Mains and battery
- Materials discrimination: Dual energy (optional)
- Image processing: Pan, zoom, DeepFocus™, image filters, variable contrast
- Image archiving: Automatic image archiving and image review
- Radiological safety cordon subject to site survey
- Audible and visible warning sign, physical safety interlocks
***Please note that all Security X-Ray Scanners are made-to-order quote only items and cannot be purchased online***