What is Seek Scan?
Seek Scan is a simple, low-cost, thermal imaging system designed to automate body temperature screening using skin temperature as a proxy. With ±0.3°C (±0.5°F) accuracy and the inclusion of a reference heat source, Seek Scan delivers the same performance as an infrared temporal thermometer – but with a safe social distance.
The system can be installed in lobbies, hallways and other key access points to help businesses, institutions and venues reopen a safer environment for their workforce, customers, members and patrons. Easy-to-install and easy-to-use, the system can be up and running in minutes with no special equipment or training. As a leading supplier of thermal sensors to the Public Safety market and one of the largest suppliers of all commercial thermal sensors globally, Seek Thermal has built hundreds of thousands of thermal cameras used worldwide.
Unlike typical industrial thermal cameras, Seek Scan was developed for precise temperature measurement and maximizes accuracy by referencing a fixed heat source with a known temperature value. Seek’s patent-pending heat source allows Seek Scan to achieve much higher accuracy than a standard thermal imaging camera designed for industrial use.
The Seek Scan process provides an additional layer of preventive screening and can deliver more peace of mind to businesses, institutions and participants.
The Seek Scan System is perfect for:
- Small, medium & large businesses
- Factories & warehouses
- Healthcare facilities
- Hotels & restaurants
- Nursing homes
- Schools & daycare
- Gyms & sports facilities
Here are a few things to know about skin temperature measurement:
- Skin temperature is typically a few degrees less than body temperature. Similar to an infrared temporal thermometer, Seek Scan uses skin temperature to provide an estimated body temperature.
- Seek Scan is programed to measure the most reliable parts of the face to produce the best results with high accuracy.
- A person's skin temperature may vary based on a variety of circumstances such as ambient temperature, sweat and eyewear. For this reason, Seek Scan is indented for indoor use only and in environmentally controlled rooms.
- Distance is critical to performance. We recommend marking the floor with tape or decals to ensure all subjects are measured from the exact same distance and while positioning the subject next to the heat source.
What's in the box