Active shooter phenomena seems to be an ongoing issue nowadays.
In the unlikely event that you are tangled in a terror attack, you need to follow the rules of survival.
Most active shooter attacks happen in crowded areas.
What can you do?
- Do not panic
- Observe the location, tunnel vision is common under duress
- Whenever you are in an unfamiliar area (airplanes, sports arenas, concert halls etc) make sure you have an image of the exits and entrances in mind
- Avoid the crowd flows, find alternate routes
- Take cover/shelter behind solid surfaces that may help dodge the bullets
- Be aware, listen to noise direction, help from rescue teams and gun shots which will give you clues where to head for an escape
- Few people that survived active shooter events played dead by hiding under victims
- If there is only one active shooter you may need to observe as carefully as you can when he’s changing magazines at which time you can try to escape