ScanX Scout X-Ray Scanner
The Scanna ScanX Scout is a high-performance security x-ray scanner that utilizes flat, flexible digital x-ray film plates to produce superb quality x-ray images. Designed for use in mobile security investigations such as searching suspicious packages and unattended bags the ScanX Scout also can also be used in forensic work, industrial testing as well as weapons, artifact and artwork inspection. Designed for rapid and mobile deployment the ScanX Scout runs on its own built-in battery and can be easily set up and deployed in less than 2 weeks. ScanX Scout Image plates are completely flat and flexible, can be erased automatically after scanning ready for immediate reuse. The x-ray plates are compatible with any of the Golden pulsed x-ray generators, most CP generators and our ScanView Imaging software. The x-ray plates can be used in multiples (in conjunction with our Flexray system or quadplates) to investigate larger areas. Scanview software then stitches the individually scanned in images into a seamless large x-ray image – ideal for walls, vehicles, longer firearms and weapons.
ScanX Scout Key features
- Portable and easy to set up and use in less than 2 minutes
- Thin Flexible Image plates in a range of sizes from 8 x 10″, 14 x 17″ up to 14 x 51″
- Custom image plates 14″ x almost any length
- Image Resolution from 130 – 50 microns and 5 line pairs minimum
- Scan and erase the reusable plates in a single pass
- Battery Powered for mobile field operations
ScanX Scout X-ray Generator
Works with most portable x-ray sources including the Golden XR150, golden XR200, golden XRS-3 and also recommended continuous x-ray sources
ScanX Scout Applications
- IED Search and Investigation
- Contraband Detection
- Forensic Investigations
- Electronic Countermeasures
- Aerospace/Automotive Inspection
- Electronic Components
- Museum Conservation / Art studies
ScanX Scout Image processing features
ScanX Scout uses our powerful ScanView software to give you a range of image manipulation options to get all the detail out of your x-ray image. Features include Zoom, inverse Image, b/w, pseudo color, pseudo 3D, contrast enhancement, clean image, rotation, distance, measure and show gradients.
A range of annotation tools allow you to insert text, notes and highlight suspect areas.
ScanX Scout Database features
ScanView’s database software allows you to store and manage images using searchable fields. Raw and Stored images can be immediately exported by email or across a network.
ScanX Scout Equipment Service and Support
Our comprehensive equipment support packages provide you with a range of service options to support your equipment in the field and ensure its reliability and performance.
ScanX Scout Standard System Configuration
- Digital Image Plate
- ScanX Scout Image Plate Reader
- XR200 X-ray generator
- Spare generator battery
- High specification laptop
- Scanview security imaging software
- USB Data Cable
- ScanX Battery Charging Cable
- Transit Case
ScanX Scout Digital Image Plate Specifications
Plate Dimensions (x-ray imaging area)
- 8 x 10"
- 9 x 12"
- 12 x 16"
- 14 x 17"
- 14 x 36"
- 14 x 51"
Max width of image plates: 14"
Max length of image plates: 51"
Thickness: < .1"
ScanX Scout Imaging
- Scantime: 35-60 seconds
- Resolution: 130-100 microns
- Dynamic Range: 16 bit
ScanX Scout Image Plate Processor
- Size and Weight
- Size: 15.5” x 18” x 16" (40 x 45 x 40.6 cm)
- Weight: 46 lbs (21 kgs) with battery. 41 lbs (19 kgs) without battery
- Power Supply: 24 V DC
ScanX Scout Laser
- Laser: Class 1 Laser Product FDA HHS 21 CFR 1040.10 and IEC 60825-1
ScanX Scout X-ray Generators
- XRS-3 supplied with standard system configuration
- Dimensions: 14” x 4.5” x 7.5” (35.6 cm x 11.5 cm x 19 cm)
- Weight: 12 lbs 5.5 kgs
- Penetration: 1" steel
- Photon Energy: 270 Kv
- X-Ray generator pages for specifications of alternative x-ray sources.
ScanX Scout Standard Laptop
- • 15.4" WXGA Screen (1280x800) Glare / WSXGA+ (1680x1050) Glare
- • Intel P8400 Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz 1066FSB 3MB Mobile
- • Vidia GeForce Go 9600M GT 512MB Video
- • 2Gb DDR2 800 Memory
- • Serial ATA Hard Drive, up to 500GB
- • 160Gb Hard Disk Drive
- • DVD+/- RW Drive
- • Card Reader
- • Optional 802.11n Wireless LAN
- • RJ-45, USB, VGA
- • 10/100 LAN
- • Windows 7 Professional (English
ScanX Scout Scanview image processing features
- Zoom, inverse Image, b/w, pseudo color, pseudo 3D, contrast enhancement, clean image, rotation, distance, measure and show gradients.
- A range of annotation tools: Insert text, notes and highlight suspect areas.
- Image Database and Incident Management Tools
***Please note that Security X-Ray Inspection Systems are made to order items and cannot be purchased online ***