Scanna Scanmax 225 Cabinet X-Ray Scanner
Scanmax 225 Cabinet X-Ray Scanner
The Scanna Scanmax 225 is a large capacity color mail and parcel x-ray scanner with built-in networking and advanced image analysis features. Using state-of-the-art high resolution camera technology, the Scanmax 225 is able to quickly produce on-screen high definition images of an item's content. These images can then later be enhanced, printed, annotated or stored in a database for training purposes or shared over a network for remote analysis. The camera improvements also allow electronic components and circuitry to be defined more clearly than ever before, allowing x-ray operators to more easily distinguish harmless mail from malicious mail such as letterbombs.
Scanmax 225 Cabinet X-Ray Scanner Features:
Compact and Easy to Use - Scanmax 225 is a freestanding mailroom security x-ray machine combining a large screening chamber with a compact physical size. It is designed for ease of use by non-technical staff and the front loading door and small footprint mean it can be located virtually anywhere in the workplace.
Scanmax 225 Image Enhancements
- Image are automatically enhanced for optimum clarity with the option to be shown in negative. There are also several image enhancement options for color highlighting low, medium and high density materials as well as powders, syringes and circuitry.
- Image enhancements are made using via simple icons in the ScanView Imaging Software. All images are stored on screen until the operator chooses to save or close them.
- Scanmax 225 offers advanced image analysis tools that will give greater contrast to low density materials such as powders and fine wires and assist experienced operators make more confident decisions about the safety of postal items.
Scanmax 225 Versatile Monitor
- The 17″ flat screen monitor can sit on top of unit, on top of desk or be remote wired to a security control room.
- This is an advantage over postal x-ray units incorporating a built in monitor (remote viewing possible and no unit shutdown or expensive maintenance due to monitor error- simply swap over monitor!)
Print and Store Images - Scanmax 225 runs on a Windows framework which gives you the capability to print, email and store x-ray images for training, archiving or image verification between departments.
Network Capable - Scanmax 225 also has an ethernet output so you can link your x-ray machine to your corporate network to save and view images centrally and remotely. Images can also be downloaded to a usb memory stick.
System Protection and Reset - Should your building suffer a temporary electrical failure your x-ray system is protected by a built in UPS and can be switched back into operating mode via a simple reset
Safe and Secure - Scanmax 225 uses very low level x-rays and conforms to all published international Electrical Safety and Radiation Standards and is issued with a Radiation Safety and Test Certificate. It is completely safe for use by any person including pregnant women.
- A range of Operator Training Programs and X-ray Image Recognition Charts is available.
- We also sell a compact model for letters and small A4 size packages – Scanmax 15 and a standard parcel scanner – Scanmax 25.
Scanmax 225 Cabinet X-Ray Scanner Specification:
Standard System Configuration
- Scanmax 225 Postal Cabinet X-ray Scanner
- 17” flat panel viewing monitor
- Keyboard Control
- System safety key
- VGA monitor lead
- Monitor IEC lead
- Mains Lead
- Operating Manuals
- 12 month back to base exchange warranty
- Scanmax 225 is designed and tested to meet NRC regulations (10CFR) Part 20 - radiation requirements for cabinet x-ray machines.
Scanmax 225 Technical Specifications
- Power Supply: 100V +/- 15% and 220V +/- 15% single phase 50/60 hz - (state voltage when ordering)
Size and Weight
- Dimensions: H: 63.5" x W: 17" x D: 24" (H: 161.5cm x W: 43 cm x D: 61cm)
- Weight: 359 lbs (180 kgs) unpacked. 600 lbs (268 kgs) packed.
- Shipping Dims: H: 60" x W: 31" x D: 45" (H: 150 cm x W: 112 cm x D: 77 cm)
Capacity and Throughput
- Max.Parcel size: H: 19.6" x W: 15.7" x 21.6" (H: 50 cm x W: 40 cm x D: 55 cm)
- Screening speed: Approx 60,000 items per hour in batches of 500. Contents of mailsack can be scanned in approximately 10-15 minutes. 250 packages per hour screened individually.
- Camera: 1.5 megapixel camera minimum
- Penetration: 3 mm steel
- Wire Detection: 36 AWG minimum
- KvP: 70-90 KvP
- Current: 8 mA
- Cooling Method: Oil Cooled
Safety and Emissions
- Magnetic media: Scanmax 225 will not damage magnetic tape, computer disks, CDs DVDs, video tape, ID cards nor Credit Cards
- Radiation: Scanmax 225 meets all published international radiation regulations with emissions of less than 0.1 microsieverts per hour on the surface of the machine
- Temperature: 0 -40 C
- Max Humidity: 95%
***Please note that Security X-Ray Inspection Systems are made to order items and cannot be purchased online ***