Exploscan Multi-Sensor Explosives And Hme’S Detector
Hand Held Explosives Trace and Vapor Detector
EXPLOSCAN is a hand-held and ruggedized explosives and improvised materials detector capable of trace particle and vapor detection.
Building on the exceptional capabilities and proven HF-QCM Sensor Technologies, EXPLOSCAN™ is the most rugged, hand-held explosives trace & vapor detector on the market. Lightweight, easy-to-operate, robust and highly resistant to environmental conditions, the EXPLOSCAN™ is able to detect and identify a broad range of plastic, commercial, liquid and improvised explosives, while maintaining the highest levels of sensitivity and selectivity. EXPLOSCAN™ incorporates multi-mode detection capabilities in a single unit to assist security personnel in detecting explosives and homemade materials. With exceptional threat recognition and superior throughput, EXPLOSCAN™ offers outstanding detection, performance, and reliability across the spectrum of checkpoint security applications.
- Multiple sensors (orthogonal techniques) which work together in one instrument
- Advanced software developed to interpret results of multiple sensor technologies
- Automatic Detection, Identification and Monitor modes of operation
- Rugged and lightweight
- Aviation Security
- Customers and Border Control
- Air Cargo Screening
- Sea Ports
- Rail & Mass Transit
- Police & Law Enforcement
- Critical Infrastructure
- Military & Defense
- Hotels and Shopping Malls
HF-QCM Nanotechnology Sensors
The patented High-Frequency Quartz Crystal Microbalance sensors detect and identify a wide range of substances with great accuracy and speed. The HF-QCM sensors are successfully integrated in the EXPLOSCAN™ with a unique design of a sensor matrix coated with selective polymers.
The detection and identification of target materials is based on the piezoelectric effect where changes in mass affect the resonating frequency of the HF-QCM sensors by the adsorption of foreign molecules on their selective coatings.
The changes in frequency are accurately detected and measured.
Efficient Sample Collection
The EXPLOSCAN™ was designed with portability and flexibility in mind. It offers to analyse the sample in the pointof- screening in real-time; with a secure attachment to a breathable carry-on vest.
Trace Particles Sampling: Reusable sampling swabs are swiped across a surface and then inserted into the detector for analysis. Typical surfaces include baggage, cargo, vehicles, clothes, tickets, passports and ID cards.
Vapor Samples Collection: A battery operated Vapor Sampler draws vapors into a sampling swab, which is then inserted into the detector for analysis. Applications include car trunks, luggage, freight, containers and air cargo screening.
Sample analysis and results require minimal interpretation, so operators may concentrate on obtaining an efficient sample. The EXPLOSCAN™ onboard processor automatically handles all data logging, including time, date, and sample
analysis for each alarm. A complete history of saved data and alarm files can be viewed, analyzed, downloaded and printed at any time.
- The HF-QCM sensors are green and safe; and do not contain any radioactive source
- HF-QCM enables enhanced explosives and improvised materials
- Expandable threat libraries are available to accommodate unique user requirements
- Self-calibration and automatic cleaning mechanism enables a short clear down time after an alarm
- Proven and reliable operation in dusty, humid, and hightraffic areas
- Threat detection and substance identification
- Touch screen menus on a graphical user interface can be easy to learn and operate
- Software upgrades are easy to install
- Local language options available
- Three default user levels (Operator, Supervisor and Service Manager) for greater access control
- Lightweight (850 gr. with battery) and supplied with two batteries to enable ongoing security operations
- Breathable vest enables to secure the EXPLOSCAN™ and its accessories to the operator
- Helps reduce capital investments by providing a single portable and reliable solution for explosives and IED detection
- Patented sampling swabs help to reduce consumables costs
- Automatic self-diagnostics software to reduce maintenance downtime
High-Frequency Quartz Crystal Microbalance Sensors (HF-QCM)
Trace Particles and Vapors
|Trace Particles Sample Collection||
Sample collection and surface swipe of trace particles with sampling swabs
|Vapor Samples Collection||
Vapor sample collection with a portable and battery operated vapor sampler;
Military and plastic explosives, including: TNT, C4, RDX, Semtex, PETN, Detasheet and others
Particle: low nanogram (ng) range
Less than 2%
Less than 60 seconds
Between 7 to 15 seconds
Audio and visual, with substance identification
3.5” Color TFT touchscreen LCD display
English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Italian, Japanese, Arabic and others
Unlimited data logging, including time, date, sample analysis, and system status
Micro USB Port, Optional Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
12V rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with 6 hours of feld operations
850 gr. Including battery
(L x W x H): 7.78” x 3.50” x 2.78” (19.75 x 8.89 x 7.05 cm)
|Operating Temperature Range||
20℉ to 130℉ (-7℃ to + 54℃), less than 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
Wind, rain, shock and 1 meter (3’) drop resistance, ability to operate in wind conditions
Supplied with a black, breathable vest enabling the secure attachment of the detector to vest;
CE Mark and EMC Certifcation