Armasight is proud to introduce the Q14 Long-wave Infrared Multifunctional Thermal Imaging Monocular (LIMTIM) representing the latest evolution in our never-ceasing quest to reduce size, weight, and power (SWaP) while maximizing the number of available Features and functions. The LIMTIM’s remarkably compact size ensures that it can be concealed in a shirt pocket and its featherweight mass at 240g with battery gives claim to it being the lightest fully multi-functional thermal imager currently on the market. The LIMTIM has a wide range of Features incorporated into the unit that put it at the forefront of all other miniature thermal imagers in its class. It can be equipped with either a visible or near-IR laser pointer intended for handing off targets of interest to non-thermal equipped assets in the field. It has two integral rail mounts so that it is not necessary to disengage the head/helmet mount interface in order to mount the unit on a weapon as a stand-alone short-range weapon sight. The mini-rail design allows for mounting on a wide variety of in-service head mounts, helmet mounts, reflex cameras, digital video recorders, and MIL-STD-1913 weapon rail systems using the optional quick-release interfaces. The mini-rails are non-invasive enough where handheld operation is comfortable and ergonomically optimized to the operator’s hands - NOMEX gloved or not. Equipped with digital compass and inclinometer, the Q14 LIMTIM offers the operator the tools necessary to interpolate accurate distance to target and target orientation.
Additional Armasight proprietary hyper-image processing (HIP) code provides the LIMTIM with a robust library of software Features to tailor the image to the optimum standards required of the operator. These Features include direct button functions such as display brightness, palette selection, electronic zoom, manual non-uniformity correction (NUC) using a simple, intuitive three button keypad. Menu driven Features incorporate desirable operator-specific adjustments such as palette selection, reticle selection and color, weapon boresight, scene-related imaging corrections, stored rifle caliber profiles, format selection, compass calibration sequence, and a “factory settings” default option. The wireless remote capability and Bluetooth Features prevents the Q14 LIMTIM from becoming obsolete as new applications and software reaches maturity and comes to market. The nine-pin connector on the Q14 reveals the dynamic nature of this mite-sized powerhouse. Through the multi-pin connector, the operator can record video using the Armasight Digital Video Recorder (DVR), augment the battery life by attaching to external battery options, inject target range data from an externally mounted Armasight laser rangefinder and update/upload new software revision and applications from personal accounts associated with the Armasight customer access web sites.
The Q14 LIMTIM is designed to meet all the established environmental requirements of MIL-STD-810(G).
Operating off a variety of CR123A format commercial expendable and rechargeable batteries, the Q14 LIMTIM offers a respectable 1+ hours run time for the 640x512 focal plane array format. With a diopter range of -5 to +5 diopters and a focus range of 20cm to infinity, the LIMTIM demonstrates its operational flexibility for all mission applications.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Q14 models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Q14 models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- Weight 240 g
- MIL-810G rugged, glass fiber reinforced construction
- FLIR Quark 2 VOx Microbolometer in 640 and 336 options
- Fast F 1:1.25, 13mm front Germanium Lens
- 800x600 Organic LED Display
- Drop-down menu and icon based menu
- Simple, intuitive 3-button control
- Polarity Control (black hot/white hot)
- Color & Monochrome Palettes
- Digital Zoom up to 4x
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
– Information-Based Histogram Equalization™ (IBHEQ)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Integrated Digital Compass
- Integrated Laser Pointer
- Integrated Digital Inclinometer
- NTSC/PAL field switchable video output
- Easy adaptability to wide selection of head, helmet, weapon mounts with Quick Rail/Dove Tail/Bayonet interfaces (i.e. Armasight, Wilcox, Norotos, Cadex)
- Fast Time to Image ( < 3 sec)
- One CR123A battery operation
- Made in the USA
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Magnification (NTSC/PAL)||Unity (1x)|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Quark 2|
|Pixel Array Format||336×256|
|Pixel Size||17 μm|
|Display Type||AMOLED SVGA 060|
|Pixel Display Format||800x600|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1×, 2× and 4×|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Sepia, Rain|
|Reticle Type||Dot 4 MOA, Line Dot, Cross Center Dot, Cross, Crosshair, and “No Reticle”|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||NTSC (640×480 pixels) / PAL (768×574 pixels)|
|Remote Control||Wireless (5 buttons)|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
|Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – “SKY/SEA”||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||13 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||25° x 19°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Focusing Range||0.2m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Battery||One CR123A 3V Lithium battery, CR123 rechargeable battery, or 16650 rechargeable battery with voltage from 3.0V to 3.6V|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||CR123A - Up to 1.5 hr
CR123 Rechargeable (650mAh) - up to 1 hr
16650 Rechargeable (2000mAh) - up to 2.6 hr
|Extended Battery Pack||Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V), four CR123 rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max, or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hrs)|
|External Power Supply||6V-12V DC / 600 m?|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +50°C (-40° to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-50° to +70°C (-58° to +158°F)|
|Recoil Resistance||700 g|
|Environmental Rating||Water and Fog-Resistant / Waterproof (optional)|
|Overall Dimensions||100 × 63 × 40mm (3.94 × 2.48 × 1.57 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0,24 kg (0.53 lbs)|