FlatScan2-15 Portable X-Ray Scanner
FlatScan2-15 is a lightweight, portable, battery powered x-ray scanning system designed in co-operation with first responders and EOD teams to meet the needs of the field operative. Quick and simple to deploy, the system produces high quality real-time x-ray images for rapid and accurate decision making.
FlatScan2-15 offers real-time digital x-ray screening with superb image quality and image processing tools. The result: the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately based on exceptionally well-defined images.
Designed for rapid deployment and ease of use, FlatScan systems have been ergonomically and functionally designed to make life easier for the operative.
High quality images and advanced, user-friendly ThreatSpect software mean that images can be acquired and interpreted both quickly and accurately.
The detector panel is positioned behind the target; the generator is placed in front. The scan is activated from the laptop imaging station. The FlatScan2-15’s 297mm x 206mm imaging area enables the operator to scan typical bags and packages in a single scan. Penetrating up to 34mm steel at 120kV the FlatScan2-15 produces sub-millimetre resolution images.
A range of sophisticated image processing functions, including materials discrimination, pan, zoom, DeepFocus™, stitching, 3D Emboss, measurement and annotation, coupled with FlatScan’s high quality images enables the operator to interpret the image quickly and accurately. FlatScan’s software can also communicate the image to a remote command centre and save images in JPEG and other common file formats.
3DX-RAY FlatScan2-15 Portable X-Ray Scanner Features:
- 297mm x 206mm imaging area
- Typically penetrates 34mm steel at 120kV
- Lightweight, compact and robust
- Fast set-up for minimum time on target
- Immediate and direct high resolution digital images
- Simple to use intuitive software
- Powerful image enhancement and analysis tools
- Wireless option as standard (radio, wired and fibre optic cable options)
3DX-RAY is now uniquely offering a 3D-Ready module which will provide operators with a 3D (stereoscopic) image.
Ideal for use by First Responders, EOD teams, Counter Surveillance, and Customs and Security Operatives.
3DX-RAY FlatScan2-15 Portable X-Ray Scanner Technical Specifications
X-ray detector panel, 120kV x-ray generator, laptop computer, ThreatSpect software, batteries, chargers, and wireless communication.
X-Ray Detector Panel
- Image/ detector resolution: 512 pixels, 40 AWG 3.4 lp/mm
- Dynamic range: 4096 (12-bit)
- Image acquisition/scan speed: 7 seconds
- Detector dimensions: 434mm x 253mm x 86mm (external) (L x H x D)
- Imaging/scanning area: 297mm x 206mm
- Weight: 5kg
- Power: Self contained rechargeable cells
- Communication protocols:
- Wireless: 802.11g / Bluetooth
- Wired or fibre optic options: TCP/IP ethernet
- Operating temperature: -10˚C to +40˚C MIL-STD-810F 501.4 and 502.4
- Bump test: IEC 60068-2-29 :Test Eb
- Humidity: 0% to 95% non-condensing
- Ingress protection (water, dust): Designed to IP55
I-Gen X-Ray Generator
- Type: 1mA constant potential 120kV
- Power: Self contained rechargeable cells; Up to 180 images on one charge (2 hour charge); Mains power option
- Penetration: 30mm guaranteed, 34mm typical
- Weight (without battery): 5.5 kg
- Size (L x W x H): 245mm x 180mm x 80mm
- Wireless: 802.11g, up to 120m range (extendable with repeaters) (standard)
- Fibre optic: 100m, 150m, 200m (option)
- Ethernet: 25m, 50m (option)
Imaging Station *
- Type: Laptop computer (ruggedised option / tablet option)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4200U, Dual Core
- Display: 15.6” Full High Definition (1366x768) LED Display with AntiGlare
- Memory: 4GB 1600MHz DDR3L (RAM)
- Hard Drive: 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
- Optical Drive: DVD +/-RW Media Bay Drive
- Operating system: English MS Windows
- Power: Mains and battery
* PC specification to be confirmed & agreed at order stage.
- Adjustable x-ray source parameters (kV, mA & time)
- Standard, inverted and false colour images
- Rotate, Histogram, Pan, Zoom, DeepFocus™
- On screen measurements and annotations (option)
- Materials discrimination, stitching, and 3D Emboss (option)
- 3D-Ready (option)
- Multi-file format import (option)
- Multi-touch functionality for tablet based operation (option)
- Physical safety interlock plus key switch
- Audible & visible warning signs
- CE compliant
Certification & Codes
- NATO codification NSN 6350-99-152-8965